While you’re busy running your business, we have your back, with political connections and the resources you need to succeed.
Wins for You by
the Idaho Lodging & Restaurant Association
- Writing and passing legislation prohibiting local jurisdictions from raising the minimum wage in Idaho.
- Sponsored and passed legislation to prohibit local jurisdictions from banning or assessing a fee on any type of “auxiliary containers.”
- Negotiated and passed legislation that would require all vacation rentals and vacation rental marketplaces to collect and remit the sales tax, “bed tax”, and any applicable auditorium district tax and/or resort city taxes effectively leveling the playing field for hotels.
- Negotiated an increase on food licensing fees that was substantially less than what the public health districts originally wanted and included language that prohibits the districts from imposing fees outside of the statute.
Protection Through Policy
Every year, it becomes more and more essential to our industry that legislators understand the challenges involved in operating a restaurant or lodging facility in this tough business climate. The ILRA is more committed than ever to representing the hospitality industry before the Idaho State Legislature on a broad array of business issues, including:
- Minimum Wage
- Business Signage
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Transportation Funding
- Liquor Licensing
The ILRA also works year round promoting our members interests and concerns on the federal, state and local levels, as well as in the regulatory arenas.
Empowerment Through Resources
When you join the ILRA, you have access to tools and solutions to help you succeed.
- Alcohol Beverage Control
- Commercial Vehicle Safety
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Labor
- Idaho Preferred
- Secretary of State
- Small Business Solutions
- State Home Page
- Tobacco Vendor Permit & Renewal
- Vendor Information for State Purchasing & Bids
- Worker’s Compensation
State Insurance Fund/Information for Employers